Georgia A.T. Thru-hiker Resupply & Outfitter: Trailful Outdoor Co
Trailful is a full-service hiking outfitter shop and A.T. resupply location near the Appalachian Trail in North Georgia. We're located ten miles from two major points on the Appalachian Trail, Dicks Creek Gap (A.T. mile 69.2 from Springer Mountain) and Unicoi Gap (A.T. mile 52.5 from Springer Mountain). Every year, our crew outfits and aids thousands of thru-hikers and tens of thousands of section hikers and day hikers, sharing our deep love for outdoor adventures, local trail knowledge, and our expertise in backpacking gear, apparel, and footwear.
Hiawassee: Georgia's thru-hiker trail town
Hiawassee has long been one of the top thru-hiker destinations for resupply in North Georgia. Hikers love our town for its easy walkability along Main Street, close proximity to the Appalachian Trail, and our very hiker-friendly community.
During peak northbound (NOBO) thru-hiking season in the spring, the City of Hiawassee operates a free daily shuttle from each gap into town.
City of Hiawassee Free Shuttle
Monday - Friday, March 1 - April 30
|Dicks Creek Gap to Hiawassee||10:00 am, 2:00 pm, 5:30 pm|
|Unicoi Gap to Hiawassee||12:00 pm, 4:00 pm|
|Hiawassee to Dicks Creek Gap||9:00 am, 1:00 pm, 5:00 pm|
|Hiawassee to Unicoi Gap||11:00 am, 3:00 pm|
Ingles Supermarket is the Hiawassee shuttle pickup and drop-off location, and it's located directly across Main Street from our Trailful outfitter shop.
In addition to the free town shuttle, many local shuttle drivers offer transportation into town for a fee. Call or text us at (706) 521-HIKE or email us at email@example.com, and we'll share our up-to-date shuttle driver list.
Hiawassee loves thru-hikers!
Hiawassee is one of Georgia's original official thru-hiker towns, well-loved for its easy access to the Appalachian Trail at Dicks Creek Gap and Unicoi Gap. A large grocery store is directly across the street from our outfitter shop, and multiple hotels, restaurants, pharmacies, post office, laundromat, our local brewery, and many other locally-owned, hiker-friendly businesses along Main Street are a short walk away. Our town's priority is to make a resupply run or a zero-day enjoyable, easy, and fun. Hiawassee is a small town with many conveniences and the friendliest folks we've found in any mountain town in the Southeast. Georgia's tallest mountain, Brasstown Bald, towers over town across our beautifully clear mountain lake, Lake Chatuge. Hiawassee is one of Georgia's premiere outdoor destinations for backpacking, hiking, boating, paddlesports, and sun-drenched fresh-air weekend getaways in the mountains.
Free thru-hiker services
- Mail drops: we're glad to receive and hold your resupply packages! Just send them to 75 North Main Street, Hiawassee GA 30546, and please list your name, phone number and anticipated arrival date on the outside of the box in permanent marker.
- Pack and gear storage: need to take some weight off between Unicoi Gap and Dicks Creek Gap? We're glad to hold your gear between gaps – or when you're out exploring Hiawassee!
- No-upcharge shipping services: upgrading your gear or want to send something home to cut some weight? We make daily runs to the local post office and UPS/FedEx drop off-points, and we never charge an upcharge over regular carrier rates. Here on a weekend when the Post Office is closed? No worries – we'll drop it off for you on the next open business day.
- Free phone and device recharging
- Free WIFI
- Free bear canister rentals through the ATC's Bear Canister Lending Program
- Free warm-ups next to our large stone fireplace in our cozy book section
Thru-hiker resupply, gear, apparel, and footwear
We stock a large selection of thru-hiker resupply needs, including backpacking fuel, food (Mountain House, Good To-Go, Fernweh, Peak Refuel, NUUN, GU, and more), and gear repair. We're also a full hiking outfitter store, offering the top brand names in thru-hiking and backpacking gear and apparel:
- technical hiking apparel: Smartwool, Outdoor Research, KUHL, Marmot, and more
- ultralight packs, tents and sleep gear: ULA, NEMO, Osprey, Therm-A-Rest, Sea to Summit, Gregory, Sierra Designs, Kelty, Marmot and more
- boots and trail running shoes: ALTRA, Oboz, ON, KEEN, Merrell
- trekking poles and accessories: Black Diamond and LEKI
- socks and insoles: Darn Tough, Smartwool, Superfeet, FITS and Injinji
- one of North Georgia's largest selections of gear, cookware, stoves, and accessories: MSR, Sea to Summit, Gear Aid, Black Diamond, Sawyer, Katadyn, Platypus, Ursack, Bear Vault, Rawlogy, Nikwax, Jetboil and more
- Ruffwear dog gear, dog packs, and leashes: and leashed dogs are always welcome!
Our Trailful hiking crew
Our crew has been hiking, running, mapping, and exploring the mountains of North Georgia and Western NC for well over 20 years. We've published two of the largest and most comprehensive online trail resources in the US since 2009. Since then, we've guided over 36 million hikers, backpackers and trail runners through our websites, with free detailed hiking info, maps, directions and trail beta... for free! Our Trailful store was born out of our deep love for sharing the wonders of outdoor exploration and trail life in the Southeast.
Read more about our owners and our Trailful story.
Trailful Outdoor Co75 North Main St
Hiawassee GA 30546